The CISL suite will make digital educational materials accessible, flexible, and engaging for all students. While there are many lesson materials available online, these rarely take into account the needs of students with disabilities. To address this need, our three-part suite of tools ensures that all students will have access to compelling online learning opportunities. Students will be able to personalize settings to fit their needs, and the global preferences database will remember their preferences and apply them whenever they log in.
The CISL suite will include:
- a Discover tool, where learners can get support discovering personal learning preferences and needs to find what works best for them
- a Read tool, where learners can access digital learning materials using their preferences in a flexible, customizable digital reader
a Create tool, where teachers and curriculum writers get support creating accessible digital materials
Adaptivity through a UDL lens
- Continuous evaluation of and learning from user preferences, actions, strengths, and needs.
- Clear and transparent recommendations for features, content, and displays to promote learner metacognition
- Scaffolded and guided choices for features, content, and displays to promote learner agency
- Support for all to become expert learners with feature recommendations based on the “what,” “why,” and “how” of learning.